Zesty Lemon & Honey Chicken
Here is a basic chicken dish which has a zesty bite to it. This tastes fantastic if you let the chicken pieces soak in the lemon and honey mixture for a while before you cook it.
This recipe is also very easy to improvise with too, use your imagination and add your own flavours!
We used chicken drumsticks because they were the cheapest cut of meat available but you can use whatever part of the chicken you want.Ingredients
- 4 chicken legs with skin removed
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of soy
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Squeeze all lemon juice into a mixing bowl and mix in honey, thyme, soy and oil.
- Once honey has been well combined add the chicken legs and let them marinate – up to 24 hours.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Place the chicken and left over marinade into an oven baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.